VANRATH is pleased to be working with a well-known charitable organisation in the Greater Belfast Area as they recruit for a Finance Assistant. Our client plays a pivotal part in challenging the status quo, to battle poverty and much more across the world. The successful Finance Assistant will report directly; to the Finance Manager and assist in all financial transactions across the organisation.
Our client has a generous salary and benefits package available for the successful Assistant Accountant..
- Flexible hybrid working
- Salary up to 30K
- Enhanced maternity package
- 25 days holiday + 11 statutory days
The successful candidate have a varied day-to-day work life, as they assist the Finance Manager in the running of a busy finance function. The responsibilities are outlined below:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Record all income and expenditure of the organisation
- Review payroll from outsourced providers
- Assist with VAT returns, investment and all other banking administration
- Assist in the preparation of year end statutory accounts and the budgeting and forecasting
- Manage the sales and purchase ledger, bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the development and co-ordination of new systems and projects
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be qualified accountant or qualified by experience, with demonstrable experience in a similar role of at least 2 years'.
- Qualified or qualified by experience accountant
- Previous experience preparing management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
- Experience using a centralised computerised accountancy system
- Excellent interpersonal skills to confidently liaise and communicate with stakeholders
A fantastic opportunity for a hands-on and driven individual who wants to gain career progression whilst learning and developing an excellent career path. This role offers variety and a great support team for the successful candidate.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.