VANRATH is pleased to be recruiting for an Assistant Accountant for a well-known manufacturing and construction company in the Mallusk area. This role is well suited to a Part- Qualified candidate or an individual that is qualified by experience candidate looking to transition to a dynamic industry role.
My client has a generous remuneration package on offer, to attract the very best talent in a busy market. The Assistant Accountant will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent career progression
- In-house training and support including development programmes
- Health care plan
- Additional holidays with length of service
- Stake holder pension
My client provides a wide range products to the global market. Expertise in their field has led to international growth and success. My client employs people throughout Ireland. They pride themselves on their innovative products.
The Assistant Accountant will have an interesting day to day working life due to the variety of daily tasks. The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for;
- Preparation and posting of journals at month end, including accruals and prepayments to tight deadlines.
- Maintenance of databases
- Assist with Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing VAT returns
- Assist with reporting for management accounts
- Analysis and submission of employee expenses
- Prepare year end audits for the company
- Assist with account administrative tasks
- Review supplier invoices
The Ideal Candidate
The new Assistant Accountant should have the ability to work independently and have excellent attention to detail as well as:
- Part- Qualified in CIMA/ACCA or Account Technician or have the relevant experience
- Previous experience within a transactional finance function
- Driven and keen to ascertain career progression
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills- V-lookups and Pivot Tables
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chanel Gillen in the strictest confidence.