VANRATH is pleased to be working with a corner stone in the arts community within Northern Ireland. Our client has been situated in the Northerners landscape for over 125 years' and has recently received £12.2 million to ensure, the business can continue to thrive an flourish. The successful assistant accountant will report to the finance manager and be responsible for the hospitality and departmental management accounts.
Our client has an exceptional benefits on package, to ensure they attract the highest calibre of candidate in a busy market…
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave+ 11 statutory which increase with service
- Employee support programme
- Other exciting benefits
The successful Assistant Accountant will report directly to the Finance Manager and be responsible for the preparation of management accounts and weekly payroll. The successful individual will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of hospitality and departmental management accounts to include journal postings, accruals and pre-payments
- Management of both the sales and purchase ledger
- Daily bank and supplier statement reconciliations
- Management of intercompany accounts
- Preparation and payment of weekly payroll
- Preparation of financial statements
- Assisting in budgeting and forecasting
The Ideal Candidate
The succesful candidate will have at least 2+ years' experience having recently been responsible for management accounts and sound knowledge ad understanding of payroll processing and pension legislation.
- 2+ years' experience completing management accounts to include prepayments, accruals and control account reconciliations
- Part qualified (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) or IATI/AAT qualified
- Previous experience of reviewing and processing payroll on a weekly basis
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent IT skills to include pivot tables and v-lookups
- Excellent organisational skills to ensure tight deadlines are met
This opportunity calls for a results driven and detail oriented individual, who is keen to ascertain career progression and further enhance their skillset. My client has a collaborative learning environment with endless support from the existing finance function.
For further information on this role, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please contact Hannah O'Doherty in the strictest confidence or apply via the link on this page