VANRATH is pleased to be recruiting for an Accounts Assistant for a well-known financial services provider. With an already established finance team in place, this newly created role will help support the business as it continues to grow.
My client has a generous renumeration package on offer to ensure they attract the best talent in a very competitive market.
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic company pension
- 25 days holiday and at least 12 statutory holidays
- Performance bonus
- Healthcare plan
- Career progression and study support
In this newly created position, the successful candidate will provide day-to-day accounting support, to the already established finance team. An exciting opportunity for an experienced finance to further progress their career. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting with cash book operations including inputting bank statements and cash book entries, analysing bank statements, and preparing daily bank reconciliations.
- Assisting with financial data input to the risk management system and preparing data and report reconciliations.
- Assisting with payment processing.
- Assisting with preparation of regulatory returns.
- Assisting with analysis of general ledger codes.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with treasury back-office processes.
- Other adhoc duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accounts technician (IATI/AAT) or have at least 2 years relevant experience related to the responsibilities listed above. Moreover, experience using Sage is essential. The successful candidate will meet the below criteria:
- Qualified accounting technician or qualified by relevant experience in a finance team.
- Min 6 GCSEs including English & Maths at grade C and above
- Similar experience gained working in a team environment
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to learn and develop
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- High proficiency in MS Office products
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
A great opportunity within a close-knit finance team. The successful applicant will get tremendous support and gain exposure to a vast market. Moreover, the in-house learning opportunities are next to none. For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy and Finance jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence