Financial Controller - Belfast
VANRATH are actively recruiting for a Financial Controller for a growing and successful business in Greater Belfast who have an excellent reputation. Reporting to the FD this is a key role within the business where you will provide financial leadership and contribute proactively to the development of systems of financial control, providing guidance to senior management in support of overall business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for provision of accurate and timely management information to the FD
- Provide executive support to the FD in the formulation and achievement of the organisation's Business Plan
- Responsibility for the production of monthly commercial financial information such as channel profitability information and key performance indicators in order to measure performance versus plan and to support decision making
- Provision of a Business Partnering service to the Operational Heads of Department within the business.
- Develop and maintain procedures to ensure the balance sheet of the company is robust with all key balance sheet line items reconciled on a routine basis
- Preparation of periodic financial budgets and forecasts, ad hoc reports and analysis of business activity against business plan
- Preparation of the annual Financial Statements of the company and its subsidiaries and the management of the external audit
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with circa 5 years post qualified experience gained in a Commercial finance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and motivate a small team
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel and Powerpoint
- Hands on experience in the use of accounting software such as Sage, Oracle, SAP or similar across sales ledger, purchase ledger and nominal ledger
For further information please contact Barbara McKiernan in the strictest of confidence on 02890 330250 or send a CV to Belfast@vanrath.com
FIND OUT MORE...
Network Support Team Leader CCNA
VANRATH are proud to be working with one of the most recognisable companies in NI who are currently going through a period of growth after securing a major contract. They are in the process of recruiting a new Network Support Team leader to manage a team of six whose function is to assist the Sales and Pre-Sales Teams in providing technical networks expertise when they are winning new business.
The network support team leader will have a diverse role, the core focus will be the management / mentoring of the team who provide the technical sales support to the Field based Account Managers on Cisco LAN based opportunities. This will involve the supporting a virtual team across Sales, Pre-Sales to ensure that all technical network related issues are aligned with the company strategy.
The Ideal Person:
- At least 6-12 months previous people management experience, demonstrable proven track record in the management of people including performance management and effective coaching ability
- Experience with Cisco networking technologies or WAN technologies in the information technology, telecoms or service provider industry
- Technical accreditation to CCDA/CCNA or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN and VLAN networks
- Excellent communication skills
Remuneration: The starting salary of up to £24,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Declan Fitzmaurice in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
FIND OUT MORE...
Senior Business Development Manager
Vertical Market Software (Island of Ireland)
VANRATH are currently sourcing for a highly strategic, self starting, Senior New Business Development Manager with a strong background in Software Sales. The appointed New Business Development Manager will capitalise on huge potential for new business in a defined vertical market, and have the drive to take the business to market domination in 2016/17.
An indigenous software business, with formidable client base, recently backed by an international organisation and owner of 250 vertical markets software companies who share best practice and knowledge, this is a unique opportunity for a career sales professional to secure a lucrative and rewarding opportunity limited only by their own drive and ability.
The appointed individual will sell the most successful range of niche financial software in Ireland, currently moving billions of euro each year and managing funds for more than 1 in 4 Irish people.
Customers of the business use the companies software to power every aspect of their financial services business from savings and loans, through to business intelligence, online banking, mobile apps, debit card services and ATMs.
The appointed BDM will be responsible for achieving sales targets by identifying new customers in the marketplace and partner with a Marketing team identify new opportunity and develop leads.
This is a truly new business sales role where the appointed BDM will identify need and demonstrate solutions via a comprehensive software offering. The BDM will work in a fully consultative manner, undertaking analysis of intricate processes within a range of different sized finance businesses and strive to gain a true understanding of the challenges, operations and membership service strategies, and tailor products and services offerings to meet these specific needs.
This role requires accurate forecasting of revenue opportunities and tracking sales metrics using Salesforce. As a product expert, the appointed sales professional will prepare and deliver compelling product demos and answer detailed product questions.
Offering expertise in New Business Development and an exceptional ability to develop lasting customer relations the appointed BDM will build on their previous experience and strong strategic-thinking ability to assist in developing territory plans and strategies to grow existing accounts. The appointed sales professional will have a drive to succeed which will enable the effective management and growth of multiple accounts at once.
Key requirements to be successful in this position are:
- At least 5 years successful new Business Development Management experience, with full knowledge of the software sales cycle, complex product selling and dealing with top decision makers.
- Good tenure with each employer to date.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills.
- A demonstrated past record of achieving results.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in all situations and environments including in a team, solo, on the road, tradeshows, customer sites, and with people of all skill and knowledge levels.
- A full driving license. The role will include significant travel within Ireland and occasional international travel to corporate meetings.
- Part of a global Company, the jobholder may be required to work unsocial hours to meet contractual and departmental demand.
- Negotiable base and six figure earning potential
- Company Bonuses.
- Mileage /Car/Car allowance negotiable.
For more information on this or any other Sales or Marketing opportunity please contact Sarah Stewart at email@example.com or 02890 330250.
FIND OUT MORE...
VANRATH are recruiting a Manager (Forensics) for a firm renowned for excellence in this space. No travel outside NI given the market dominance. £Negotiable package
Manager - Personal Injury primarily. No travel outside NI. Full autonomy and visibility to further shape what is already a market dominant area. £Negotaible salary package but very competitive.
Strategic career move with long term career plan for progression to Senior Manager/Director. Clear and rapid progression and career path with one of the most talked about local practices. You will work alongside one of the most talented teams and interact with lawyers, advisers, expert witnesses to name a few. Will be much variety and exposure to ensure this is a unique career opportunity. Market leading package also on offer.
Ideally Qual Accountant (with 2-3 years PQE). Can also consider someone at recently Qual level looking to make a move out of Audit / Accounts.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CA)
- 4-5 years experience
- Naturally analytic and logical thinker
- Gravitas to make impact midst a strong and talented team
£Negotiable base, with package (with negotiable package, tailored on an individual basis)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other practice based Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Rachel Clarke in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.
FIND OUT MORE...