VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for an Assistant Accountant for a leading organisation, based in Belfast. The Assistant Accountant will be required to commence immediately on a temporary basis and is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within a buy finance office.
* Supplier invoice input to purchase ledger
* Preparation of supplier statement reconciliations and allocation of payments
* Cash book input and maintenance including weekly bank reconciliations
* General ledger maintenance including accruals and prepayment
* Preparation of quarterly accounts to trial balance
* Any other ad hoc duties as required
The Ideal Person:
* Experience working within a similar role
* Working knowledge of computerised accounting systems
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Demonstrated ability and experience of managing own workload to meet reporting deadlines
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to use own initiative
£18,000 - £22,000
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary job in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Laura McFarlane in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
FIND OUT MORE...
VANRATH are actively recruiting on behalf of a global Law firm who are recruiting for a Management Accountant to join the growing finance team. The Management Accountant will be responsible for the monthly and annual reporting of the results of a number of global offices within the group. The team is also responsible for providing financial and commercial support to the Business Managers who operate within the Practice Groups.
- Month end processes including the preparation of month end journals, running of all month end reports, preparation of UK, US and South Africa accounts.
- Review of accounts and investigation of material variances.
- Specific responsibilities for maintaining the fixed assets schedule and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Processing of all monthly reallocation journals, and regular review of general ledger accounts to ensure integrity of postings.
- Act as first point of contact for UK, US and South Africa General Ledger account queries.
- General maintenance and management of the UK, US and South Africa general ledgers.
- Monthly reporting for the IT department, including review and investigation of material variances.
- Monthly reporting for the Belfast Office, including review and investigation of material variances.
- Preparation of monthly IT project recharges.
- Preparation of quarterly recharges to include the secondment recharge, recharge to serviced offices and royalty calculation.
- Assist in the annual budget process and, when appropriate, re-budgeting and reforecasting processes.
- Key role in ensuring that the financial year end process runs smoothly. This will include the preparation of audit schedules and dealing directly with the audit team and their queries.
- Develop relationships with the UK, US and South Africa budget holders, business managers and key members of the UK, US and South Africa finance teams.
- Preparation of all UK subsidiary accounts including dealing with the audit team and their queries.
- Ad hoc duties as requested.
-The Ideal Person:
-Educated to degree level and a qualified accountant with a minimum of 1-3 years post qualified
-Professional qualification with a recognised accountancy body.
-Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
-Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
The salary will be tailored to attract the strongest candidate in the market.
For further information on this role or any other senior finance opportunities please contact Joanne Bloomer in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250 or apply via the link on this page.
FIND OUT MORE...
Conveyancing Solicitor - NQ+ Level
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a position with a leading practice based in the North Down Area.
This will be an excellent opportunity for a junior conveyancing solicitor with an enthuastic approach to join a small but expert team within the North Down area. Working alongside a well established Property Solicitor you will be guided in your approach to conveyancing law.
You will be working alongside a small but expert Property Team where you will be acting from for a range of clients.
You will have experience and full understanding of the conveyancing process.
- Qualified Solicitor;
- Ideally NQ + with conveyancing experience post qualification;
- Team player with a client focused approach;
- Strong academic background;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and good attention to detail
You will be offered a competitive salary within an excellent dynamic firm with a strong client base.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other legal vacancies in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Stephanie Boomer in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.
FIND OUT MORE...
Multiple Java Developers required for a major software House based in Belfast. A team of 47 professionals creating some of the best solutions in their sector.
If you are a Senior or Junior Java Developer with more than 2 years experience, my client would like to hear from you. Working alongside a team of talented Java Developers, ( most of whom have been with the company for more than 4 years ) you will get the chance to help this business grow into 2016.
VANRATH are delighted to be working with this Blue Chip client that has hired and retained some of the best talent available within Northern Ireland.
My client work on end to end Software Development. Bespoke applications for multiple domains. Working alongside some of the largest companies in the sector.
- You will be responsible for developing code from a Functional or Technical Specification Document
- Experience of developing code within an Enterprise Java team
- Java 5/6 , exposure to the following would be useful, ( JEE5, JDBC, JSF ) Scala, IBM Websphere
- Java Stored procedures / SQL experience
You should come from a strong Bachelors or Masters degree background with a genuine interest in Application Development on an Enterprise scale. The perfect move for an individual that is looking for a respectful, well organised business, with a genuinely flat structure.
A salary of between 38-52k will be available to the successful candidate as well as a market leading benefits package and flexible working hours to accommodate school runs etc.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ryan Quinn in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.
FIND OUT MORE...